Situated In a part of Scotland with a milder climate thanks to the gulf stream, with fabulous views and surrounded by open fields and landscaped gardens, each floor is laid out with large group accommodation in mind.
This traditionally-styled, reclaimed stone and slate house, completed in 2014, has all the charm of an old country house with the comfort of a newly built well-insulated property.
The house stands apart, down a private lane leading to the shore. Close by is the delightful Claymoddie Garden, within a short walk. The town of Whithorn (1.5 miles) caters for everyday supplies and, nearby, Scotland's most southerly cinema can be reached within moments at Isle of Whithorn, where you will also find the friendly Steam Packet Inn overlooking a working harbour. This award winning real ale pub with on-site micro brewery welcomes children and dogs and serves local ingredients including seafood caught off the adjacent Solway coast.
- Eight bedrooms sleeping two guests each
- Optional ground floor bedroom with zip and link beds suitable for disabled access
- Option of 2 additional beds in the east and west wings for family suites.
- Five bathrooms (three ensuite) all with bath with shower attachment, washbasin, WC
- Ground floor wetroom - ideal for disabled access
- One cloakroom with WC and WB
- Dining room with extending D end table seating 14+ with French windows on two aspects
- Library/TV room (optional ground floor bedroom)
- Large fully equipped farmhouse-style dining kitchen including 4 oven oil-fired Aga, electric oven and grill and electric hob with four hotplates, American style fridge with ice making
- Pantry/utility/laundry room with butlers sink two washers and two tumble driers, two fridge freezers and two microwave ovens heaps of space for storing supplies
- Games room with table tennis
- Garden room/studio space.
- Large, lawned garden
- Parking for eight cars
- Storage for bicycles, push chairs and other outdoor equipment
- Well-behaved, house-trained dogs are welcome for a small fee of £25 per dog per week or part thereof.
- Restrictions apply
- Eight bedrooms (three ensuite)
- Bedrooms are mix of four double/king and four twin bedrooms.
- In addition it is possible to have a further bedroom on the ground floor which can be made up as a twin or 6ft double should anyone not be able to manage the stairs. Additional beds may be made available for a small charge to a maximum accommodation of 20.
- Cots and high chairs available on request.
- Dining room with extending mahogany D- end table perfect for a special lunch or dinner
- The dining room has seating for 14 but you can possibly squeeze in one more and has French window leading out to the garden on two sides with classic drapes for evening glamour.
- There is also a table and chairs in the kitchen for eight.
- There is a living room with woodburner
- Classical country house style in living room
- Living room leading to kitchen and west wing
- The house is centrally heated in the cooler months with underfloor heating in the hard floor areas and traditional chunky radiators in the carpeted rooms
- The reading room with large selection of books, WiFi ,telephone and TV can double up as ground floor accommodation if required.